There are several factors that need to be taken into account when working out the potential compensation award for an industrial deafness claim which are based on the severity of the condition suffered. However, there are precendents set for the approimate amount of the compensation award which can be used as a general guide.
Each claim for compensation will have a different set of circumstances and each claimant will likely have differing levels of pain and suffering. For example, the level of injury compensation for industrial deafness will vary based upon factors such as whether the claimant is suffering from total hearing loss or temporary hearing loss, whether the hearing loss is in one or both ears, and whether there is tinnitus present.
Approximate compensation claim awards for industrial deafness
- £50,000 to £70,000 – Complete hearing loss in both ears (depending on speech defecit or possible tinnitus)
- £17,500 to £29,000 – Complete hearing loss in one ear (depending on tinnitus as an associated condition)
- £16,000 to £29,000 – Serious hearing loss with severe tinnitus
- £8,000 to £15,000 – Moderate tinnitus and/or hearing loss
- £4,000 to £7,000 – Slight or occassional hearing loss and/or tinnitus
Call 0800 122 3130 to make a claim for industrial deafness compensation today.